Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

These cookies are so wonderful and peanut butter-y! A friend of mine made these a few years ago and when I asked her what was in them I was so excited to find out they were gluten-free. I've tried a couple different versions of this recipe and this one seems to be my favorite. I sort of combined recommendations from a few other recipes to get to these golden beauties.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup peanut butter (I buy natural crunchy peanut butter and drain off the excess oil from the top. I read in several recipes that natural peanut butter works better and that's what I found to be true as well. Brands like Jiff just make the cookies turn out flat.) 
  • 1/2 cup white sugar 
  • 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar 
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten 
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 1 tsp baking soda 
  • salt to sprinkle on top of each cookie (optional) 
  • Milk to drink. Seriously... you are going to need milk with these.


Directions
  1. Mix together peanut butter and sugars in a bowl until smooth. 
  2. Add egg, vanilla, and baking soda to your dough and mix well. 
  3. Roll dough into walnut size balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. 
  4. Use a fork to lightly press cross-hatch pattern into the top of each cookie. If you like your cookies to be a little softer and thicker, don't press them too thin. I pressed mine down to a little over half an inch thick and they were nice and soft when I pulled them out. 
  5. Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt on top of each cookie. 
  6. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (Be careful not to overcook them!) 
  7. Allow them to rest on the cookie sheet for a minute or two before transferring them to a cooling rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment